Hi Everyone! My name is Kirsten, I am the owner and lead wedding planner of Simply Elegant Affairs! Thank you so much for being here! I am a hopeless romantic by nature and it is such a dream come true to get to be a part of so many couple's special day!
That being said, I didn't always plan to be a wedding planner! A little background, I went to Messiah College and graduated with my bachelor's degree in Human Development and Family Science with Minors in counseling and Spanish. I have a heart for helping and serving others, so I had all the plans set to go to grad school for Marriage and Family Therapy, but then life happened, and plans changed. I worked at Schreiber Pediatric Rehab Center for about two years after college working with the sweetest kiddos and did a lot of soul searching on what I wanted to do long term while I worked there. I took a leap of faith and started my business in 2018 while nannying full-time, with the goal of growing my business to the point that I would someday be able to be a stay-at-home mom! This was not a totally random direction for me as I had always loved weddings and design and I had spent a lot of time in college planning and facilitating Marriage Enrichment weekends through my major, so I was able to get a lot of hands-on experience planning events! Although weddings wasn't my initial plan, I still get to use my passion for counseling and helping others in a different way, as I help couples navigate the stresses of wedding planning and all the emotions that can bring!
Fast forward to today, I have been in business for 4 years and am so thankful for how much my business has grown! I get to stay home with my daughter Harper full time which is and will always be the most important role to me! She has had a bit of a challenging first two years with lots of medical conditions so the blessing of being able to stay home with her and take her to her appointments and therapies (at Schrieber!) has truly been such a gift. I have been so blessed with such amazing couples that understand and appreciate that being a mama always comes first and I could not ask for more! Some days can be challenging behind the scenes balancing mom and small business owner life but I would not trade it for the world!
When you work with me throughout your wedding planning process, you can be confident that you are putting your trust in with someone who cares deeply about creating and curating a beautiful wedding day, but also someone who truly values authentic relationships and lasting marriages!
I would be so honored if you chose me to walk alongside you throughout your wedding planning process, you wouldn't just be getting a wedding planner but hopefully a lasting friendship!
1. Tacos and Cheese Fries. That is all.
2. I don't like socks and most of the time you will find me not wearing them, if I am, 9/10 they do not match!
3. It may not look like it, but I can belt out the lyrics to most any 2010s rap song
4. All of our pets are named after Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones Characters
5. I have been to over 20 concerts
6. I am introvert by nature but I would rather have a deep conversation with a stranger any day over small talk
7. I was a personal trainer all throughout college
8. One of my goals is to see all 50 states, I am currently at 38!
9. Iced or hot Chai Lattes are my go tos
10. I played soccer for 14 years and had a career ending injury my first semester of college